In this video our topic is about neutral colors and how are we going to use them to create tonal values. Tonal Values is the gradation of color from light to dark or vice versa. This is very useful for creating 3D effect int he painting.
- Black and white are neutral. They are called neutrals because they are fair and match any color. Some says black and white not colors so how would you call them just neutrals? Black is the combination of all colors while white is the absence of color.
To create tonal values, gradually combine black and white. You can create 5 to 8 levels. In this video, we are able to create 5 levels:
- Dark Grey
- Light Grey
- White Grey
- Winsor & Newton Mars Black
- Winsor & Newton Titanium White
- Monte Marte A5 Canvas Pad
- Borciani & Bonazzi Filbert Brush
- Porcelain Palette
Leave a Reply